Every PLPS location is dedicated to reducing our impact on the environment. Our vision and values are fundamentally governed by the philosophy that sustainable practices yield sustainable results.
Each location makes individual contributions in the areas of recycling, waste reduction, and finding alternative options to using materials that are harmful to the environment. Some of these efforts include:
- A Nova Flow ink mixing system to help reduce the amount of ink.
- A flocculation system that allows us to de-water the ink washout into a sludge system so the water can be re-used. The sludge is then put into drums that are disposed of by an outside vendor. We also re-use adhesive materials.
- The use of water-based inks with limited VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
- A water wash system to eliminate the use of solvents on printing plates
- A Continuous Improvement Project for press operators to reduce make-ready waste to 500 meters or less.
We are also vigilant in researching the newest sustainable packaging innovations. Our product offerings include:
- Tree-free stock made from hemp, bamboo, bagasse, cotton linters, and even Kona Paper, which is made from used burlap coffee bags.
- Sustainable Shrink Sleeves, Multi-packs, and Neck Bands that are produced from recycled PET bottles.
- EarthFirst® PLA film made from corn that is 100% compostable.
- Compostable and Recyclable Flexible Packaging
- Adhesive that aids in the recycling process by allowing labels to cleanly separate during PET Plastic recycling
Ready to go green with your packaging? Contact us today.