There’s More To “Going Green” Than Eco-Friendly Paper Stock.
We have been focused on sustainability for more than a decade. In fact, we started winning awards for our sustainable packaging back in 2007, and are constantly on the lookout for the newest innovations in eco-friendly packaging.
Many of our customers ask about recycled substrates. We offer several options, including:
- Tree-free stock made from hemp, bamboo, bagasse, cotton linters, and even Kona Paper, which is made from used burlap coffee bags.
- Sustainable Shrink Sleeves, Multi-packs and Neck Bands: Smartcycle, which is actually produced from recycled PET bottles. This option is more resilient than previous eco-friendly shrink films and has the potential to be a sustainable packaging game changer. We also offer EarthFirst® PLA, made from corn, which is 100% compostable.
- Compostable and Recyclable Flexible Packaging
However, using recycled paper stock may not suit your brand or your budget. That’s okay though, you can still do your part in the sustainable packaging movement. We offer a few other options for you to consider:
- Water-based inks with limited VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
- Avery Dennison CleanFlake™ technology: 560 million PET bottles are wasted every year in the recycling process, largely due to incompatible label materials. CleanFlake™ is a water-based, recyclable adhesive that cleanly separates during the PET Plastic recycling process resulting in pure PET flakes, the conservation of virgin PET resources, and less landfill waste
- Traditional Flexible Packaging – Did you know that traditional flexible packaging is still a great environmental choice because it uses fewer resources, generates fewer emissions and creates less waste?
We follow sustainability best practices, including and beyond regulatory compliance.
Ready to talk about really going green? Contact us today.